VERTICAL GARDEN - RANGE OF VERTISS PRODUCTS GREEN WALL VERTISS PLUS
The complete customizable solution for a designer
Vertiss® Plus offers a complete solution for planting both interior and exterior walls. Ideal for planting small areas and entire facades of several hundred square metres, the Vertiss solution personalizes your space with a unique design feature.
With its high quality materials and options, Vertiss Plus is suitable for use throughout the world even in extreme climatic conditions, protecting and insulating plants for optimal growth to achieve a magnificent vertical garden. Last but not least professional maintenance is essential to keep your vertical garden perfect.
Dimensions of a plant cell: 115 mm x 70 mm
- The angle of inclination of the planting cells respects phototropism and geotropism (growth in a direction determined by gravity). Plants are therefore subject to less stress when acclimatizing and in the long term.
- The ergonomic design of the planting cells makes planting and plant replacement simple.
- Designing the layout plan for any area is quick and easy.
- Modules can easily be assembled, disassembled and reassembled.
- Easy maintenance
- Protects existing walls against UV rays and weather damage (please note that it does not act as a watertight seal).
Height: 760 mm*
Substrate volume: 32 l
(High Density expanded polypropylene)
- The module insulates the growing medium and roots against extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Thermal benefits (evapotranspiration of plants on the building shell).
- Airborne sound barrier (DLr* in dB = 22.7).
- Corrosion resistant modules.
- Light, high-insulation EPP material. Robust.
Width: 590 mm* / Depth: 190 mm* (* module only.)
The inside of the module is not partitioned so the 32 l of growth medium benefit all 16 plants placed in it without exception. The volume available for the roots and water (and fertiliser) circulation and distribution is therefore a major asset for the plants' successful growth.
The plant density in the module ensures that a mosaic effect (plant fresco) can be easily achieved over the entire living wall. The replacement of plants, where necessary, is simple.
GROWING MEDIUM DEVELOPED SPECIFICALLY FOR GREEN WALLS
Our substrate meets all the requirements of vertical planting systems. It has the following characteristics:
- Minimal compaction,
- Appropriate particle size,
- Good CEC,
- Good water retention capacity.
The various growing medium components help ensure good root growth and excellent humidity behaviour.
- Pozzolan and clay balls provide excellent root anchorage and water retention while also ensuring good aeration and drainage even when saturated.
- The organic material (garden peat) provides good all-round water retention and ensures good plant recovery after planting.
- Water-holding agents improve water retention with the growing medium able to absorb up to 300 times its weight in water, leading to water saving. In the form of colloids, they enhance the structure of the growing medium and minimize leaching.
All these properties mean a watering requirement of only a few minutes each day via an automated drip system designed for your living wall.
- Very good root growth.
- Excellent anti-compaction properties, no root asphyxiation.
- Good water retention capacity.
- Good drainage.
- High porosity (allows microbial activity).
- Free of disease, fungus, weeds, insects, etc.
- Good CEC (good adsorption and desorption of nutrients in soil colloids and water).
- Minimizes leaching of fertilizing substances.
- Good resistance to frost heave.
3. COMPLETE SUPPORTING STRUCTURE * SUPPORTING METAL FRAME AS EXTERIOR WALL TYPE CLADDING
4. AUTOMATED FERTIGATION SYSTEM WITH DRIPPERS
This system enables automatic watering and fertilizing of plants. It distributes water in the vertical garden uniformly and regularly, with no missed areas or excess watering.
Example assembly of an irrigation station.
The irrigation station (primary system) controls frequencies and durations for watering and adding nutrients to the living wall thanks to a programmer and electrovalve(s).
An automated fertigation system with very low water consumption.
Each module in the green wall is watered by a drip line connected to the irrigation station.
Technical setting up : some customized examples.